What is the purpose of getting an independent Roof Inspection?
Whether your buying or selling knowing the current condition of your roof can better your position in the final negotiations of the sale. Our roof inspectors will accurately determine the condition of the roof in question and determine the approximate life expectancy you can expect. Any required maintenance or repairs will be clearly noted with corresponding photographs included in the Roof Inspection Report that is provided in PDF format. Our mission is to provide our clients a clear, unbiased, expert assessment of the roofs condition. No more, no less.
General home inspections are not thorough roof inspections. Generally speaking, home inspectors do not perform roof inspections due to the fact that it is a specialty inspection. Coupled with the possibility of damage to the existing roof, accessibility issues, personal safety, and / or liability the vast majority of general home inspections do not include a thorough roof inspection.
Roof Inspections determine the condition of the roof in question and provide a complete computerized report on:
- Condition of all roofing materials
- Flashing around roof transitions, chimneys, HVAC units, vents, and valleys
- Possible necessary repairs
- Conditions which could cause a roof leak in the future
- Ridge caps and all drip edge
- Soundness of roof drains, downspouts, and gutters
Easy to Read Computerized Reports
All roof inspection reports are provided in PDF format and all conditions and deficiencies are clearly notated and referenced to specific digital photos. When many corrections and/or major corrections are required these digital photos make sure that whoever is responsible for the repairs has a clear outline of what needs to be done.
Licensed Roof Inspections | Point of Sale Roof Inspection | Los Angeles Roof Inspector
Our licensed roof inspectors inspect all roof areas, roof materials, chimneys, roof flashing, roof scuppers, gutters, and downspouts. We inspect for any issues that could currently be causing water damage or issues that could soon become waterproofing issues. We complete a thorough roof inspection report which details the current condition of your roof system, the type of materials used, a list of any roof repairs or roof maintenance that are recommended, and we always include photos of any issues that are referenced in the roof inspection report. If roof repairs or routine roofing maintenance is needed, it will be reported on the inspection report and a detailed written estimate will be provided with inspection report.
Typical Problems Encountered During Inspections
Our Roof Inspection Report Includes The Following Information:
- PDF or Word Formatting Sent Via Email or Facsimile
- Photos Included of All Conditions Referenced in Roof Inspection Report
- Overview Covering Condition of Existing Roof Material and Previous Layers of Roofing
- Overview Covering Condition of Existing Roof Flashing materials and methods
- Written Documentation of Any Present Material Defects
- Written Recommendations of Necessary Repairs